Sunday 10 November 2013

Week 6

Exploring the idea of mapping shape, this week i have been researching Manchester and its history. With connections to the Manchester School of Art slide library i managed to find a range of images that both inspire and inform.

I wanted to look at the shapes and lines held within the pictured buildings, as apposed to the actual buildings themselves. I began to dissect and reform said images to create collage forms that can be worked with in the future, as a tool and propeller in my shape investigations.




It is easier for me to analyse and work from the images once they have been reworked and altered, as i am able to fully appreciate the shape, colour and proportions held within the piece.

The next step is to look at how i can potentially cover / uncover shapes. I plan to play on the concept of a double cloth, using paper as a form of 'fabric' to replicate what it is the double cloth represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment