Sunday 6 October 2013

Week 1

Interests around the theme of architecture and shape have been the main focus of my work over the past few summer months. Beginning to be drawn in to the intense linear elements and sharp colours, i have found that my eye is naturally able to pick out and highlight shots loaded with intense pattern qualities.



Setting myself the challenge of finding linear structures within a set amount of time is a tool that i have used to be able to quickly gather a wealth of visual imagery and inspiration. The 4 images above are just a few of the shots taken during one of my two hour sessions. The main element that draws me into the images are the strong lines that run from the top to the bottom of the frame. The idea that the lines continue beyond the area of the image is a concept that i am finding particularly incising.  


Drawing colours from my findings i was able to create this colour scale. Briefly showing an idea of some of the colours that may end up influencing my work as a the weeks progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment