Sunday 20 October 2013

Week 3

Jim Stephenson, a contemporary architectural  photographer uses his work to document and preserve frames that the eye cannot store. His work captures the object he is photographing in a very obscure, unusual way. Hiding the full building, so that the eye is drawn to a particular area of interest. This is an element i want to mirror in the work i will be creating.

















Stephenson, J. The Serpentine Pavillion (left). Jim Stephenson Architectural Photographer. [Online
image] [Accessed 7.10.13] http://clickclickjim.com/project/94/the-serpentine-pavilion-2013-london-sou-fujimoto-architects 


 Stephenson, J. The Serpentine Pavillion (right) . Jim Stephenson Architectural Photographer. [Online image] [Accessed 7.10.13] http://clickclickjim.com/project/94/the-serpentine-pavilion-2013-london-sou-fujimoto-architects 

Shown below are examples of how my photography mirror that of Jim Stephenson. Cutting my view down so that the camera only captures small areas of shape and detail. 

This series of photographs will help me to move the work forward and enable me to be thorough in the selection of imagery. The next step will be to dissect through my image collection to find some inspiration for my upcoming warp. The furthest right image is currently my main focus, as the lines and structure are helping me to plan design for woven structures and warp sets.



No comments:

Post a Comment