Friday 30 December 2016

After Univeristy - What came next?

Building a portfolio - figuring out what works and what doesn't!

Graduating from university can be scary, confusing and a real time that can test and challenge any young designer. Having spent months building and perfecting a physical portfolio of work the real challenge now was figuring out how to translate this into something that can work in your favour.

Something that can really show the world who you are, what you do and why you are different to every other designer fresh out of school, not an easy feat!

I was amazingly fortunate, during my degree show I won a prestigious spot on the Graduate stand at the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair that coming October - a fantastic platform to showcase my woven designs and my thought process alongside some of my fellow School of Art peers and well established designer makers from across the country, an amazingly exciting prospect.

(More about this in next post).





No comments:

Post a Comment