Sunday 2 February 2014

Week 15

First hand research - Ralph Lauren for Dash & Miller.

As with Ralph Lauren's work, this week i proposed to set about finding my own theme for my upcoming weave collections.

The focus of my work has and always will be architecturally based. The strong shapes found within building enable me to devise weave structures and patterns easily. Creating for a company that have an interest in stripes and linear qualities i began to gather imagery similar to this idea.

Gathering strong visual references is a key part of my work. The images i took this week are a turning point to my major project, enabling me to get a strong sense of where i want my samples to go on the upcoming weave rotation. The images have left me with a strong colour palette, one which i think i can run endlessly, ideas for patterns, structures as well as potential Jacquard samples.

Urban Darks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment