Sunday 2 March 2014

Unit X - Week 1

After successfully completing the practice unit, it is now time to move forward and dive head first into unit X and begin to think about my degree show and future after university.

I established in the last project that I see my work fitting well into the home interiors market, therfor I will be sticking with this idea and working this into my final show. I have been brainstorming ideas as to what i think would work best and i believe that longer smaple pieces would be the best way for me to showcase my work, as the deatil and colour work used within my samples works better repeated over a yard or so.

My ideas regarding concept and inspiration will remain virtualy the same. The main source of interest will be arcitecture around me, with reseacrh into the bauhaus movement pushing my work further. I am keen to keep my work similar in style and feel that deviating too far away from my initial ideas would be taking away from what it is i want to capture and translate. Although i am keen to experiment with differnt medias to work with and may consider different weave styles and structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment