Wednesday 19 March 2014

Unit X - Week 3

Double cloth Samples

Clear and precise. This double cloth warp has worked exactly as I had hoped. The area of research and line of enquiry has seen its way into all of my samples, building the collection into a strong and informed body of work. I have captured the elements of bold shapes and Optical views with ease and feel the samples work well, not only as a collection but as samples in their own right. 

I will take elements of this warp forward into my next developments, as I am keen to create a portfolio of work that links together and works well as a whole.

The colours are working well for me at this time, I have discovered what hues and proportions work easily together and this is helping me to make informed decisions as I currently plan my third warp. It feels like a new direction is needed at this stage, I have taken on board my research into colour representation and shape development and this is now moving me forward into areas that are looking to be exciting and of a new direction.





No comments:

Post a Comment