Sunday 9 March 2014

Unit X - Week 2

This week has seen me continue with the second Dash and Miller warp that I was working on in Practice. I opted not to cut off the left over warp and instead decided to use the free time in between projects to experiment and play with ideas and colours ways that I have previously shied away from. Becoming too comfortable with my current monochrome palette is something that I am keen to avoid, as a result this week I chose to inject touches of blue and pink to see what might happen.
















Above shows the main key image that I used as a starting point, extracting linear elements enabled me to design a warp that captured the image entirely. (warp plan to the right)

The design of each sample created as part of this collection work well together, achieving effects that resemble art works from the Op Art era, as well as linking back to the research I carried out earlier this year into the Bauhaus movement. The use of pinks and blues through the weft are especially striking and give the samples an injection of life and interest.




No comments:

Post a Comment