Tuesday 6 May 2014

Unit X - Week 7

Single cloth samples.

Finished samples from the single cloth show a range of different pattern ways and proportions of pattern. The outcome is a clean, concise and overall strong body of woven samples that I feel have been a great step forward from previous warps produced. The samples showcase how my development work has informed the pieces and the strong planning of colour placement works well, ensuring that each section is bold, neat and works well with the chosen pattern applied.

I am confident that these samples can work well both for the commercial market as well as potential fabrics for deck chair slings. The density to which I have designed this cloth means it is durable and of a high standard. I have also ensured the proportions of the cloth work well over longer lengths, a 70 inch sample was produced which will go forward as part of my degree show work, this shall be displayed along with sample work in a setting that showcases how the fabric would work, should it be produced for commercial use.





No comments:

Post a Comment