Wednesday 14 May 2014

Unit X - Week 9

Jaquard sample.

Wanting to create a sample that held more detail and intrigue I opted this week to design a sample to be woven on the Jacquard loom. Focus has been held over the last couple of weeks on creating and executing fabrics with twill and diamond style patterning. Taking this to the next level I have created a piece that works around this concept, introducing chevron shapes, elongated diamonds and repeated structure.

The piece takes inspiration from my new batch of imagery, used in the orange double cloth warp, being woven alongside this. I have combined it with elements taken from other images in order to create a piece that captures all areas of development and inspiration. Below shows my image edited to form a repeated pattern and then the pattern formatted and turned into a loomdisk, ready to be taken to the loom for weaving.







No comments:

Post a Comment