Tuesday 13 May 2014

Unit X - Week 8

Edits and pattern developments.

Twills and diamond patterns worked well for the last set of samples I worked on, therefore I want to try and enhance the effect of my current orange double cloth, including the use of pointed drafts and patterned interchanges.

The visual imagery and warp plans created last week have served as a tool for pattern development this week. I have manipulated and enhanced the images to create patterned surfaces, which will serve as a tool to develop ideas for woven patterns.

Although I want my cloths to hold the same qualities that my older double cloth samples have, I feel the emphasis this time around is not on the interchangeable layers, but more on the patterns, linear qualities and colour blocks.




No comments:

Post a Comment